When fashion trends change as quickly as they do now, it’s difficult to keep up especially when you’re on a tight budget. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible to look stylish without spending too much on clothes. The key is to find a wardrobe staple can be worn in different ways to get a whole new look.Similarly, even for skirts you can do the same and here are a few ways you can style different types of skirts for spring and summer. can be worn in
The maxi skirt
The maxi skirt is perhaps one of the most popular fashion trends among Indian women. The good news is that although it’s been a trend for a few years, the maxi skirt is here to stay. So how exactly do you style a maxi skirt for a fresh look this season? Here are a few ideas:
1) Pair your high-waist maxi skirt with a cropped top and a pair of sandals or high-heels. You can add wear your hair up and accessories like sunglasses or earrings to complete the look. Maybe carry a fringed bag if you want to channel the bohemian vibe with this look.
|Image Source: Asos|
2) For a more formal look, you can even wear your maxi skirt with a chic button-up shirt as Emma Watson does. Wear red lipstick, a statement necklace, and braided hair. You can add a metallic clutch and a belt to complete the look.
|Image Source: Makeupmartini.com|
3) If you’re the sporty type, you can even pair it with a graphic tee and a pair of boots or canvas shoes. You can switch up this look with different accessories such as high heels for a formal affair.
The midi skirt
One of the latest trends in skirt is the midi skirt, which can be styled in a number of ways to get a whole new look. It can add a feminine appeal to your look no matter what you wear it with so take a look at the following ideas to style the midi skirt:
1) Make a style statement by pairing with fit-and-flare midi skirt with an off-shoulder top. You can complete this glamorous look by pairing it with statement earrings. Maybe throw on a pair of pointy kitten heels for a perfect date-night look.
|Image Source: Elle.com|
|Image Source: The Wow Style|
3) A midi skirt can be great for dressing up a basic tee. Whether it’s for brunch or for a formal event, you can just throw on your favorite simple t-shirt and wear it with a midi skirt and a pair of heels. You can add a statement necklace or other accessories according to your personal style.
|Image Source: Suburban Faux Pas|
4) Try styling an A-cut denim midi skirt with a graphic tee and balance out the look with a pair of heels and a stylish handbag. This look is the perfect balance between casual and elegant so it can work well for women with different personalities.
The mini skirt
While only a few Indian women dare to wear a mini skirt, it’s never too late to try this staple fashion piece. Maybe you could resolve to try it once and see how good it looks on you? Here are a few ways to style a mini skirt for spring and summer:
1) For a sporty and casual look, you can style a loose denim mini skirt with a lightweight button-down shirt and a pair of canvas shoes. Throw on a pair of stylish sunglasses and you’re good to go.
|Image Source: Dentelleetfleurs.com|
2) A white button-down works well with every single outfit. You can wear it tucked in with a suede mini skirt and pair the look with statement high heels for a casual chic look. You can even wear a pair of canvas shoes with this look if you prefer. Try to coordinate the colors of your skirt, shoes, and bag for a stylish combination.
|Image Source: Sydneystyle.com|
3) Skater skirt is cool in the fashion world and you can rock this trend in your own personal style. Pair a simple skater mini skirt with a basic top and throw on a denim jacket. You can either wear platform sandals or platform canvas shoes according to your wish. Alternately, you can even recycle this skirt for a rollerderby girl outfit to save money for a costume party.
|Image Source: Teen Vogue|
4) Wear a buttoned denim mini skirt with a crisp button-down shirt. You can style this look with a pair of ballerina flats and a colorful scarf if you wish. This look also works well with canvas shoes, so you can play around with different combinations to suit your personal style.
Skirts aren’t just for girly girls anymore. As you can see, there are numerous ways to wear a skirt for spring and summer no matter what your personal style is. Whether you wish to look casual or you want to dress up for a formal affair, try out some of the looks mentioned above.
Brandon Leibowitz is a seasoned writer for global thrift retailers, Savers and Value Village. He is a frequent contributor to blogs such as Social Media Examiner, Businesss 2 Community and several others. Brandon is recognized as a strong social media influencer due to his knowledge of and dedication to the industry.
Gravatar ID: firstname.lastname@example.org